There is one way to waste money that no one talks about. It's worse than blowing $120 on ice cream and then eating it all in one sitting. You might get a stomach ache but at least it tastes good. No, the worst waste of money is getting a speeding ticket. Even worse, its getting two speeding tickets in 8 months. Prior to last year I had only had one ticket my entire driving life and that was in 1997. Now I have had two speeding tickets in 8 months and I want to kick myself. To say that I am a bit preoccupied is an understatement. This week I am a wreck. I am questioning everything. I know this is because all the pieces are converging at once...Ray, the end of my job, money messes and school.
So far this week...
- I have had to deal with Ray's unstable father calling me every day. He had told Ray to pack his things and he was going to come get him, so I called him and confronted him about burdening Ray with his half baked ideas. Then Ray called him yesterday and is encouraging him to get a lawyer. Then his father called me four times. I spoke with him once and told him I was not co-parenting Ray with him, did not have to talk with him about anything and to call the court.
- Yesterday Ray begged me to tell the court that I don't want him anymore so he can go back to his hometown. I told him it would never happen. He misses his girlfriend and his friends. He says he will not adjust.
- I got a speeding ticket because I was rushing home on Monday and I had to miss class because of being in Columbus for work. I will go to court on the 8th and ask for more time to pay it. If I split it into two it should be more manageable. I think my insurance company is going to freak.
- I studied. I really studied and I only got a 77 on my history test yesterday. That's a "D"! What!
- My pay cut was restored this pay and there is an extra $70 I wasn't expecting. I was fretting about my car registration because its a rent week and now my problem is solved! It is kind of funny to have it restored just a few days before my last day.
- I wrote a letter to the real estate agent who lists/owns this house (listed at $105,000). It has been on the market since May 2010. I proposed a non-traditional land contract/rental situation. I have no idea if it has appliances (which would be a problem)or what condition the interior is in, but it is in our school district, is in a great neighborhood, and has four bedrooms and two bathrooms. Because there are no other photographs I am thinking there is probably a lot of work to be done. Hello Home Depot! My proposal makes it less than my rent here if he takes the bite. I will let you know how this turns out...
|Photo by Pitstick Realty|
Love to all,